ERHC Energy Seeks Expressions of Interest for Environmental Impact Assessement in Chad
ERHC Energy Inc (“ERHC”) is an international E&P company based in Houston, Texas, U.S.A with significant acreage holdings and activities in Africa. ERHC’s holdings include three blocks in the Republic of Chad, two blocks in the Sao Tome and Principe Exclusive Economic Zone and significant interests in six blocks in the Nigeria-Sao Tome and Principe Joint Development Zone.
ERHC, as operator, is preparing to commence the exploration work program on its Production Sharing Contract (“PSC”) in respect of the Chari-Ouest III, BDS 2008 and Manga blocks in the Republic of Chad. ERHC therefore invites qualified companies to submit expressions of interest (“EOIs”) for the provision of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) services for that work program. The PSC has an initial five-year term and ERHC’s indicative work program during that term includes the following:
- Gravity/Magnetic Studies
- 2D Seismic Acquisition
- 3D Seismic Acquisition
- One Exploration Well
ERHC expects to enter into a contract with a competent provider for the EIA work in the second half of 2012, subject to approval by the Ministry of Petroleum in Chad. The work will be required to be completed according to the terms of the contract within six months of commencement.
Interested companies must be qualified to conduct a comprehensive Environmental Impact Assessment and associated studies according to relevant regulatory requirements. Each EOI should demonstrate the interested company’s capabilities and experience by describing:
1. The technical capacity of the company to carry out EIA work.
2. The company’s organizational chart and the experience and qualifications of its key personnel.
3. The EIA work successfully carried out by the company during the last five years. Evidence of previous EIA work in Chad or in the Central African region will be of particular interest.
4. The company’s health, safety, environment, quality assurance and control systems.
5. Any other information that will establish that the company is a competent EIA contractor.
Each EOI should be submitted in English in ‘hard’ copy (as a printed document) and electronic copy (in pdf format on a USB flash drive) by 3:00pm on May 31, 2012 to:
Chad Exploration Team
5444 Westheimer Road, Ste. 1440
Houston, TX 77056 U.S.A.